Monday, February 24, 2014

March 2014 Newsletter

House-to-House
Family of Hope House Church                                        March 2014


A letter from Buckingham prison
Dear Pastor Yoder,

I want to apologize because our brief relationship has always revolved around me and my efforts to seek justice for parole eligible prisoners. I am writing today to ask how I can help you.

Do you or any of your friends have any prayer requests? I would be honored and blessed to lift these prayers to the throne of grace. I can also share them with our prayer team here. I know that some strongholds can only be brought down through prayer, and I am willing to join you, your church, and your friends in prayer. I know God is able.

When I was at Keen Mountain the Lord woke me up one morning at 4:20 am. When I woke my heart was heavy with thoughts of my mother. I began to pray for her earnestly. don’t remember how long I prayed, I just prayed until that peace came over me and I drifted back to sleep. The next day I tried calling my mom and could not reach her. The following day I spoke to her and learned that at the very minute the Lord woke me up my mother was calling 911 because of chest pains. She hadn’t answered the day before because she was in in the hospital with congestive heart failure.

God is so good! At my mother’s hour of need, He woke me up to pray for her!

I will be reviewed for parole in April. I am not asking for a letter or anything else other than to pray and agree that God’s will be done. I am praying that this will be the year, not because of my litigation or other efforts regarding parole, but because I am persuaded and convinced that God has called me me to serve him the remaining days of my life.

Steve Goodman1028377, BKCC, Box 430, Dillwyn, VA 23936

Notes, prayers and praises
* PRAY FOR BILLY MAY’s ongoing health problems.
LOIS RIVERA-WENGER will be leaving later in March to be with daughters and grandchildren, and plans to return in July.
MARCH BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS to Ruth Stauffer 3/28!
 WE WILL BE using Stephen Cherry’s Barefoot Prayers for devotional reading during Lent. Cherry is the pastor at the Durham Cathedral in Ireland and plans to visit this area (and our church!) in late August.

March Lectionary readings
2   Exodus 24:12–18  Psalm 99 2 Peter 1:16–21  Matthew 17:1-16 
9   Genesis 2:15–17; 3:1–7 Psalm 32 Romans 5:12–19 Matthew 4:1–11
16 Genesis 12:1–4a  Psalm 121   Romans 4:1–5, 13–17  John 3:1–17
23 Exodus 17:1–7 Psalm 95  Romans 5:1–11 John 4:5–42
30 1 Samuel 16:1–13 Psalm 23  Ephesians 5:8–14 John 9:1–41

March services worship at 3:59, meal at 6
2 Location: James & Ruth Stauffer 1250 Parkway Dr 22802   574-6141
Worship and Sharing: Harvey Yoder
Bible Study on Biblical fasting: Paul Swarr                       Carry-in Meal

9 Location: Family Life Resource Center 723 Newman Ave.   432-0531
Worship and sharing: Lois Wenger                                                     
Bible Study: Dick Dumas                 Communion and Fasting, No Meal

16 Location: Guy & Margie Vlasits 3448 Caverns Dr K’town 908-0391
Worship and sharing: Guy and Margie Vlasits                                                    
Bible Study: James Stauffer                                              Carry-in Meal

23 Location: Susan Campbell 1361 Lincolnshire Dr. 22802   564-1524 
Worship and Sharing: Susan Campbell
Bible Study: Harvey Yoder                                                Carry-in Meal               

30 Location: Guy & Margie Vlasits 3448 Caverns Dr K’town 908-0391
Worship and sharing: Elly Nelson                                               
Bible Study: Daryl Byler                                                   Carry-in Meal
http://harvyoder.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment