Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bring Your Empty Cup

We invite everyone to join us in prayer and/or in person as we celebrate the Lord's Supper at the Family Life Resource Center meeting room this Sunday, June 23. Each participant is to bring their own cup, one they use regularly at home, for the 4 pm service, where the theme will be "Fill My Cup, Lord". Each may have as much grape juice in their cup as they wish, along with a full slice from a loaf of gluten-free bread to be eaten at leisure during this first hour of the service, the bread reminding us not only of Christ's broken body, but also that in Christ we have become "one loaf" (I Corinthians 10:16-17). There will be no other meal this Sunday.

In the second hour of Bible study, one of the texts is Psalm 42, "My soul thirsts for God, for the living God." The cup we use and take home with us will be a reminder of God's daily provision for satisfying that thirst.

Here's the text of the song:

Like the woman at the well
I was seeking
For things that could not satisfy;
And then I heard my Savior speaking:
"Draw from My well
that never shall run dry."

Chorus:
Fill my cup, Lord,
I lift it up Lord!
Come and quench
this thirsting of my soul;

Bread of heaven,
feed me till I want no more --
Fill my cup, fill it up
and make me whole!

So, my brother, if the things
this world gave you
Leave hunger that won't pass away, My blessed Lord
will come and save you,
If you kneel to Him and humbly pray:

Chorus:
Thanks to all who will join us in prayerful communion.

No comments:

Post a Comment